What are the characteristics and advantages of magnetron sputtering coating products?
What are the characteristics and advantages of magnetron sputtering coating products? The following editor will give you a brief introduction.
Product advantages of magnetron sputtering coating
1. Almost all materials can be deposited by magnetron sputtering, regardless of their melting temperature;
2. The light source can be scaled and placed in any position in the chamber according to the requirements of the substrate and coating;
3. Thin films of alloys and compounds can be deposited while maintaining a composition similar to the original material.
Product features of magnetron sputtering coating
1. The ring-shaped magnetic field used by magnetron sputtering forces the secondary electrons to jump hurdles around the ring-shaped magnetic field. Correspondingly, the region controlled by the annular magnetic field is the part with the highest plasma density. During magnetron sputtering, you can see the sputtering gas-argon emits a strong light blue glow at this part, forming a halo. The target material under the halo is the most severe part of ion bombardment, and a ring-shaped groove will be sputtered. The ring-shaped magnetic field is the orbit of electrons, and the ring-shaped glow and grooves vividly show it. Once the sputtering groove of the magnetron sputtering target penetrates the target, it will cause the entire target to be scrapped, so the utilization rate of the target is not high, generally less than 40%;
2. The low-temperature and high-speed sputtering of ferromagnetic materials cannot be achieved, because almost all the magnetic flux cannot pass through the magnetic target, so no external strengthening magnetic field can be added near the target surface.